She credits this challenge with being one of the prime reasons for her becoming a blogger, so she is thrilled to be it’s new host.
Here’s How It Works
Between January 1 and December 31, 2011, read one book in each of the following categories:
- A book with a number in the title: eg. First to Die, Seven Up, Thirteen Reasons Why
- A book with jewelry or a gem in the title: eg. Diamond Ruby, Girl with a Pearl Earring, The Opal Deception
- A book with a size in the title: eg. Wide Sargasso Sea, Small Wars, Little Bee
- A book with travel or movement in the title: eg. Dead Witch Walking, Crawling with Zombies, Time Traveler’s Wife
- A book with evil in the title: eg. Bad Marie, Fallen, Wicked Lovely
- A book with a life stage in the title: eg. No Country for Old Men, Brideshead Revisited, Bog Child
The book titles are just suggestions, you can read whatever book you want to fit the category.
Other Things to Know
- Books may be any form (audio, print, e-book).
- Books may overlap other challenges.
- Books may not overlap categories; you need a different book for each category.
- Creativity for matching the categories is not only allowed but encouraged.
- You do not have to make a list of books before hand.
- You do not have to read through the categories in any particular order.
On January 1, Beth will publish 7 posts, each with a Mr. Linky (one for each category and one for your wrap-up post), on her blog, so you’ll have a place post links to your reviews (bloggers) or leave comments (non-bloggers) as you finish up each category.
You need to cross over to Beth’s site sometime soon and sign up for the challenge.