The newest addition to my shelf, here at Fiction Books this week, coincides with a latest release, virtual tour and a great author post, all rolled into one … So without further ado!
‘SOLOMON’S WHISPER’ … The Liv Bergen Mystery Series #5
As Liv Bergen investigates the long-ago murder of her niece, she uncovers a well-guarded secret—and stumbles into one the most prolific killer she’s faced yet.
Once an amateur sleuth, Liv “Boots” Bergen has now found her footing as an official FBI agent. It should be Liv’s dream career—she’s working closely with a bureau legend, Agent Streeter Pierce, as well as the exotic Agent Jack Linwood, with whom she shares a growing romance. Liv has proven to be an adept agent, and the whole office has been moved to a brand new, state-of-the-art facility in central Denver.
And yet, doubt plagues her. Liv is tormented by the knowledge that her work with the FBI could endanger her extended family—and has almost resolved to leave the bureau as a result. Agent Streeter Pierce, who harbors an affection for Liv that sometimes transcends the professional, comes up with an unorthodox plan to keep her around: she can investigate a cold case that’s especially important to her, the kidnapping and murder of her ten-year-old niece, Brianna.
Liv jumps at the chance, but her focus on finding Brianna’s killer is soon diluted. Piece by piece, the case reveals itself to be just one point in a harrowing series of murders. Spanning decades and the country, the web of crime Liv uncovers causes her to question everything—including the integrity of her own colleagues.
SAY HELLO TO AUTHOR SANDRA BRANNAN
Hi! I’m Sandra Brannan. I was born and raised in South Dakota, amongst a large and loving family, the seventh of nine siblings. After living in Wyoming, Washington, D.C., Washington state, and Colorado, I returned to my hometown, where I am surrounded by family, who after each having their own adventures, have all decided to return to the homelife they know and love.
I am an engineer, with an MBA and I enjoy working in the long established family mining business; living in the Black Hills with my husband, Joel; smiling with pride over the journeys taken by my four sons; doting over my three grandchildren; and appreciating all of life’s blessings, too many to count.
A 9th grade English teacher saw something in me, that I didn’t recognise in myself and encouraged me to write by nominating me for a $500 creative writing scholarship. I now carve out enough time in my busy working schedule to pursue my passion for writing, together with reading as much as I can from my favourite authors.
Write, write, write and read, read, read! Regardless of whether or not you find an agent or a publisher right away, keep writing and learn by reading the books by authors in the genre you most want to emulate in your writing.
When I was asked to put together a guest post for Fiction Books, I turned for inspiration to Yvonne’s own ‘About’ page, so here are the top twenty ‘I Am …’ things about me, Sandra Brannan…
1) I am a writer and author of the Liv Bergen Mystery Series.
2) I am a happy girl with the open format you’ve offered me to write ANYTHING I want.
3) I am a student of everything creative, like your “About” page, using this 20 count approach of “I am a…”, because it allowed me to learn more about you and what we have in common.
4) I am a-changing your rule to drop the “a” with the hopes you accept my individuality, if needed.
5) I am a debut author as of 2010 when IN THE BELLY OF JONAH earned an ABA Indie Notable from the booksellers across America.
6) I am a fan of the law enforcement team who protect us every year in the tiny town (5,000) of Sturgis when 500,000 bikers descend and it shows when I wrote LOT’S RETURN TO SODOM, top 50 e-book mysteries in 2011.
7) I am a HUGE fan of people like you who volunteer at hospice, which is why I wrote WIDOW’S MIGHT, the ABA Indie NextPick list for 2013.
8) I am a SUPER HUGE fan of those angels who raise warriors like Noah, my 12-year-old hero in NOAH’S RAINY DAY who helps solve a kidnapping, despite the fact he has severe CP.
9) I am a book bookaholic, who does not own an e-reader, yet has an upcoming release on September 2nd SOLOMON’S WHISPER that is only being released as an e-book.
10) I am a morning person, too, and my favorite thing to do is sit on the deck in the woods with my husband drinking coffee and waiting for the sunrise over the Black Hills of South Dakota.
11) I am a curious person and want to know what a “Swindonian by birth” means.
12) I am an optimist by nature and believe that there is good in everyone… if you look REALLY hard and squint.
13) I am a lover of Disney, too, and have every VHS and DVD in my collection.
14) I am a wife, daughter, sister, aunt, mother, and grandmother.
15) I am a miner (yep, Fred Flintstone) AND an author.
16) I am a social network neophyte who still answers every message, tweet, email, and post, so be my friend and …
Visit My Website
Follow Me On Twitter
Like Me On Facebook
17) I am a trusting person so write or visit me at Sandra Brannan, 3213 W Main St #315, Rapid City, South Dakota 57709 USA.
18) I am a driven type A, who dearly wants to make you lose a night of sleep or change your life plans just to finish my book.
19) I am a deeply grateful person to all the fans who love Liv Bergen.
20) I am a huge fan of the movie THE HOLIDAY and would love to Cameron Diaz to your Kate Winslet, since you live in Somerset, UK!
As a writer, thank you for giving me the power of speech. I take that right seriously and work to entertain through the stories I tell. If along the way I open some windows to a world some may not realize exist, well then fabulous!
Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by Sandra, it has been fun discovering more about the real Sandra Brannan and I would like to wish you every success with the Liv Bergen series and any future projects you may undertake! Check out the great cover art for this series, gives me the creeps without even opening a page!
Oh! and a Swindonian by birth, means that I was born in Swindon, a large town in the County of Wiltshire, just a few miles away from my current Somerset home.
…Mailbox Monday is a gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house during the last week. Be warned that Mailbox Monday can lead to envy toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.
Mailbox Monday now has a permanent home, where links may be added each week. So why not stop by, leave a link to your own Mailbox Monday post, oh! and don’t forget to leave a comment for our three new joint administrators, after all, we all like to receive them … ‘Mailbox Monday’
Leslie of ‘Under My Apple Tree’
Serena of ‘Savvy Verse & Wit’
Vicki of ‘I’d Rather Be At The Beach’
This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!
Leave a reply